The River Cafe Group of Restaurants is looking for talented and experienced Cooks to join our Teams at both:
- River Cafe on beautiful Prince’s Island; and
- Deane House located in the historic and cultured neighbourhood of Inglewood!
The incumbent must be available for full time hours and open availability. Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
About River Cafe Group of Restaurants
Join our Team!
- Competitive wages
- Gratuity sharing
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
The Ideal Candidate will Exemplify:
- Proven experience in culinary operations within a high performing and fast paced environment
- Exceptional product knowledge of local ingredients and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Ability to balance attention to detail with an understanding of overall objectives
- A true love for food and hospitality as well as familiarity with Deane House and our objectives
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive ingredients as defined by kitchen policy
- Ensure all food products are put away and stored properly at the end of service
- Ensure the line is ready on time for guest service
- Ensure kitchen organizational tools are filled accurately
- Ensure the kitchen is kept in a clean and hygienic state in accordance with Alberta health services
- Maintenance, organization and execution of assigned section
- Excellent work ethic and cleanliness
- Assisting as needed with dishwashing
- Self motivated with a sense of urgency
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of two years experience in a fine dining, high volume restaurant
- Food Safe certified
- Journeyman and Red Seal certification are assets
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 5 hours
- Able to lift/carry in excess of 30 pounds
Interested applicants should apply with a detailed resume and cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your top 3 favourite local ingredients and why?
- What does environmental sustainability mean to you?
- What is your favourite thing about summer time in Calgary?
We look forward to reviewing all applications! Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada